|JOB TITLE||Manager, Volunteer and Community Engagement|
|DEPARTMENT||Marketing & Communications|
|LOCATION||United Way of Greater Greensboro|
|REPORTS TO||Vice President, Marketing & Communications|
|Annual Salary Midpoint||$37,000|
Under supervision of the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the manager of volunteer and community engagement will be responsible for supporting and growing United Way of Greater Greensboro's (UWGG) engagement groups (Women's Leadership, Young Leaders, and African American Leadership), providing agency support of engagement opportunities, and engaging the community and volunteers to connect with UWGG.
This individual will help to mobilize the community and UWGG volunteers to achieve the organization's strategic goals. This position will be responsible for developing the strategic plan to increase community awareness and engagement, as well as execute those strategies. This position will also maintain the messaging and branding efforts of UWGG throughout all community engagement initiatives. The ideal candidate will be confident with purposeful drive. They will be committed to others and to the mission of UWGG. This individual will maintain effective project management and problem solving skills as well as build and maintain meaningful relationships with UWGG engagement groups, volunteers and the community.
This position offers excellent opportunity for social interaction, creativity, and a chance to make measurable impact on achieving the goals of UWGG.
- Manage the creation of an overall strategic plan for community engagement, including raising awareness about the organization and development of engagement pathways for donors and volunteers to support UWGG initiatives in the areas of education, income and health.
- Monitor the success of community engagement and make course corrections in order to meet the established goals in each area.
- Effectively follow through with thorough cultivation, timely acknowledgement and consistent stewardship of volunteers and prospects.
- Effectively integrate UWGG marketing and communication efforts within all engagement efforts while upholding brand standards; Gain insight and knowledge to effectively tell the story of UWGG and its impact within our community.
- Build strong relationships between UWGG and engagement groups, volunteers, agencies and the community
- Bring new, exciting ideas to the organization on how to better engage our affinity groups, volunteers and community; listen to insight from the team, and try new initiatives.
- Positively represent UWGG at group meetings, assigned networking activities and events, partner agency events and other outside activities that contribute to relationship building and visibility.
Engagement Group Responsibilities
- Provide support, project management to UWGG's engagement groups including Women's Leadership, African American Leadership, and Young Leaders.
- Attend engagement group meetings to support and guide group initiatives to align with the strategic goals of UWGG
Volunteer Engagement Responsibilities
- Connect companies and engagement groups to service projects with our partner agencies and initiatives in the areas of education, income and health; Assist in planning and implementing corporate engagement projects.
- Develop and implement relationship management strategies in order to cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of assigned companies.
- Outreach to nonprofit agency partners to develop mutually beneficial business-community partnerships
- Coordinate the appropriate project logistics including pre-project development, food services, transportation, project supplies, etc. and provide onsite leadership at projects; Coordinate volunteer recruitment and registration
- Deliver project evaluation and impact reporting
- Create volunteer recognition opportunities/activities
- Develop and manage the implementation of community engagement volunteer initiatives including MLK Day of Service, 9/11 Day of Remembrance, UWGG's Women's Leadership Week of Caring, United Way Day of Action, and additional days of service as capacity allows
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- strong program development, volunteer management and communication experience
- ability to lead and manage volunteers and volunteer groups
ability to collaborate with other departments, agencies and peers to reach common goals
- strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated presentation and public speaking skills
- ability to understand and abide by UWGG branding and messaging guidelines
- excellent project management skills with the ability to exercise independent judgement and critical thinking, as well as establish metrics to effectively track progress
- excellent interpersonal skills and a positive customer service focused attitude with the ability to infuse stellar internal and external customer service into all activities
- ability to work successfully with all departments within UWGG, and proven teamwork skills
- strong planning and organization skills with attention to detail
- ability to analyze and interpret statistical data as well as maintain accurate data records in Andar database
- thorough knowledge of MS Office applications
- working knowledge of popular social networks
- ability to function effectively in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- a strong desire to be a positive, contributing member to our community while upholding the mission of UWGG
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required
minimum three years related work experience in volunteer management, fundraising, communications and account management
- Experience with non-profits and volunteerism
- Experience actively building and maintaining strong relationships with business professionals and organizations
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Products, database experience a plus, volunteer software experience preferred but not required.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references, and completed UWGG Job application to:
Artis.Farrington@unitedwaygso.org Or mail to:
United Way of Greater Greensboro, Attn: Artis Farrington, 1500 Yanceyville Street, PO Box 14998, Greensboro, NC 27415
|JOB TITLE||Vice President of Resource Development|
|LOCATION||United Way of Greater Greensboro|
The Vice President of Resource Development serves as a member of the senior leadership team and the primary donor relationship manager for the organization. This position reports to directly to the President and provides direct supervision to the members of the Resource Development Department. The Resource Development Department is responsible for implementing strategies and programs that significantly expand donor relationships, identify new accounts, and find other sources of funding to support the annual campaign and special initiatives that support the mission of the organization.
Essential Function: Develop a culture that rewards best practices in fundraising including the development and implementation of plans to build a donor pipeline that is adequate to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals. Work with the President to formulate development goals to increase overall private support. Build meaningful relationships with community members to collaborate on work that will have a positive impact and expand human services.
Donor Relationship Management:
- Develop and manage a cultivation and solicitation strategy for the “top 100 list” for each. These efforts may be completed in conjunction with other staff or volunteers and should include the President and campaign leadership.
- Analyze fundraising data to identify giving capacity of potential donors - individuals, companies, and foundations.
- Solicit donors for renewals and new funds.
- Innovate and create progressive ideas for penetrating new segments of donors and community stewardship.
- Collaborate with the CFO to create annual operating budgets and forecasts for Resource Development. Accordingly, manage and meet the budget.
- Work with other senior management to plan and achieve organization goals. Develop consensus for fundraising strategies and work integration.
- Empower and lead a team of professionals assigned to Resource Development. Responsibilities include:
- Establishing department and individual performance goals
- Interviewing, hiring and orientation of employees
- Planning, assigning, scheduling, directing and monitoring of work
- Coaching, training and development
- Applying performance management tools
- Maintaining effective communication standards
- Addressing and resolving workplace question, complaints, concerns, and problems
- Direct the formulation of operational plans, implement approved plans, improve processes and procedures including workflow for campaign activity, reporting, marketing, public relations, donor correspondence, and post-campaign evaluation.
- Create a performance culture with cross functional collaboration to ensure all employees are included in fundraising and measuring success.
- Supervise all aspects of the collection of data, management of internal systems (Andar), the analysis of information, and the production of reports to support solicitation and donor engagement activities.
- Advise and assist the President and Campaign Chair(s) on developing annual campaign financial targets and donor segments.
- Monitor and report campaign progress, ensure adherence to the projected timetable and take appropriate corrective action to meet objectives and achieve goal.
- Design and manage all components of the Volunteer and Temporary Campaign Staff.
- Provide direct staff leadership and support to the Volunteer Campaign Chairman and Vice Chairs.
- Plan, design and implement a comprehensive long-range campaign plan to meet changing markets, regional challenges, economic factors, evolving company cultures, and emerging fundraising issues.
Initiative; Goal Setting; Collaboration/Teamwork; Inspiring Followership; Influential; Persuasion; Training/Coaching; Communication – Oral/Written; Negotiation; Initiative; Performance Management; Analysis Skills; Conflict Management
Educational Qualifications and Work Experience:
- BA/BS Degree required/MA preferred
- 5+ years experience in fundraising, sales, and/or business management
- Relationship builder
- Inspirational leader
- Open and accessible interpersonal style
- Proactive versus reactive approach
- Strong organizational skills
- Recognizes technology as a tool and its applications in development
- Creative, flexible, and solution oriented
United Way of Greater Greensboro is being assisted in its recruiting efforts by Capital Development Services. Confidential inquiries about the search should be directed to our team at 336-747-0133 ext. 208 or to email@example.com.
Applicants for the position must submit the following:
- Cover letter;
- Current resume; and
- List of at least three professional references.
Please submit application materials either electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or mail them to: Capital Development Services UWGG 633 W. 4th Street, Suite 202 Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Looking for nonprofit jobs in the area?
Visit Guilford Nonprofit Consortium's Job Board for great leads.