Walk. Run. Roll. Live United. – March 31
Are you a walker? Runner? Stroller or Roller?
Join our LIVE UNITED team this year at the 2012 Human Race!
The Human Race is a 5K charity walk and run that allows participants to raise money for their favorite non-profit (agency, church, school PTA, etc.).
Date: Saturday, March 31, 2012
Location: The Greensboro Coliseum Complex, Greensboro, NC
Site Map (click to download; this map outlines important areas like handicap parking,
walker line-up, runner check-in, etc.)
Signing up for our team is free…that’s right…FREE! Click here to register.
Come out and join us for the Human Race in Rain or Shine! If there is rain on Saturday, we will still host the Human Race After Party inside of the Greensboro Coliseum Pavilion starting at 10am. We will only cancel the run in the case of severe weather. Please see the “Race Day” page for more information.
Race Day Schedule
- 9:00 am – Gates Open
- 9:00 – 9:50 am – Submit Donations, Walkers Line Up, RunnerRegistration/Check-in
- 9:50 am – Opening Ceremony
- 10:00 am – Race Start
- 10:30 – 11:45 am – After Party with food, fun, and live music
- 11:45 am – Awards Ceremony
- 12:00 noon – End of 2012 Human Race
Each participating nonprofit manages their agency’s fundraising campaign. Our community partner The Volunteer Center of Greensboro plans and manages the overall Human Race fundraising campaign and event. The Volunteer Center has planned the Triad’s Human Race for the past 18 years.
What is special about The Human Race?
- You can support any nonprofit! Where else can you walk or run with more than 100 nonprofits and their supporters?
- FREE FOOD! LIVE MUSIC! PRIZES! FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
- Participation is easy!
- Friendly, leashed dogs are welcome. Owners must clean-up after their pets.
There will be prizes for the top 10 individual fundraisers and top three male and female runners. The first 1,200 individuals who raise $50 or more will receive one free Human Race shirt. See a full list of prizes at www. volunteergso.org.
Have more questions? Contact our Human Race Coordinator, Julia Cox, at 336-378-6600 for answers!
See you at the start line!