To-Date, Over $1.3 Million Granted to 58 Local Nonprofits Helping Thousands of People, Taskforce Wants to Raise an Additional $2 Million to support Relief Efforts
Greensboro, NC (April 17, 2020) – The Greensboro Virus Relief Taskforce is pleased to announce $344,925 has been granted to 18 local nonprofits providing services to people impacted by the Coronavirus. Over the past three weeks, the Taskforce has granted a total of $1,345,138 to 58 local nonprofits helping thousands of individuals and families.
The funds were allocated from the Greensboro Virus Relief Fund which was established by United Way of Greater Greensboro, City of Greensboro and Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro.
The taskforce would like to raise an additional $2 million to continue rapidly supporting community members during the pandemic.
Members of the Taskforce are urging the community to continue to give. To make a donation to the Greensboro Virus Relief Fund, click here or text the word “Virus” to 40403.
The Taskforce is co-chaired by Larry Davis, Assistant City Manager, and Frank McCain, Vice President, Community Impact and Investment, United Way and comprised of leaders from Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro, Greensboro Chamber of Commerce, Guilford County and leaders representing six priority areas.
The Taskforce is accepting funding requests from 501 (c)(3) organizations helping people impacted by the Coronavirus. For more on funding requirements and how to apply, visit www.UnitedWayGSO.org/virus.
The latest round of funding was granted to the following nonprofits addressing the following priority areas:
- B Natural Academy: $13,000
- Community Housing Solutions: $34,850
- Elon University School of Law: $25,313
- Gate City Legal Services: $25,055
- HORSEPOWER: $5,275
- Church World Service : $21,250
- Greensboro Downtown Parks, Inc.: $13,739
- The Arc of Greensboro: $23,400
- A Simple Gesture: $18,000
- Black Child Development Institute: $7,500
- Montagnard Dega Association: $9,775
- The Volunteer Center of the Triad: $15,000
- Ford Inc.: $3,250
- Greensboro Housing Coalition: $63,750
- Piedmont Health Services & Sickle Cell Agency: $14,840
- Tiny House Community Development: $13,000
- Guilford Community Care Network: $28,000
- LifeSpan Inc.: $9,928
Weekly Donor Thank You
The Taskforce is grateful for gifts of all sizes and every donor is contacted personally to acknowledge their support. Additionally, the Taskforce would like to acknowledge the following organizations for their extremely generous support this week.
- Crescent Rotary: $26,320
- Greensboro Women to Women Endowment Fund – an initiative of Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro: $75,000
- The P&G Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation: $5,000