Hear an Overview of the North Carolina State Budget, Economic Forecast, and Issues Affecting Your Community & Add Your Voice to the Discussion!
When: Thursday, November 21, 2013 – 9:00-11:00am
Where: 8818 West Market St., Girl Scouts’ Carolinas Peaks2Piedmont Triad Service Center, Colfax, NC 27235
This year United Way and the NC Budget & Tax Center are teaming up to share the story of the economy and the state budget. How are changes impacting your local community? Learn more as we unpack the local story. When you leave, prepare to roll up your sleeves and put what you learned into action right where you live and work. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
- How have the state budget and the economy impacted your community?
- What budget trends are developing, and how long will it take for NC to recover from the Great Recession?
- Is NC falling behind in areas like Education, Health and Financial Stability?
- How can you impact the issues you care most about? Join with others to focus your local advocacy for the greatest outcome.
- Jill Cox; Government Relations and Communications Director, United Way of North Carolina
- Alexandra Sirota; Director, NC Budget & Tax Center
This event is co-hosted by United Way of Greater Greensboro, United Way of Greater High Point, and United Way of Forsyth County.