Are you a young professional who wants to make Greensboro a better place?
Young Leader members are emerging community leaders who give back to the community they love.
Young Leaders (YL) is comprised of caring young professionals under 40, who contribute $120 or more annually to advance the work of United Way of Greater Greensboro. If you make your gift online, be sure to click “Young Leaders” under the Engagement Group section.
Are you a member of Young Leaders? Be sure to mark your calendars and join us at the following events for Young Leaders and other affinity groups! Curious what other events United Way has going on? Click here to find out.
- 2/23, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Young Leaders Volunteering: Downtown GSO 211 canvasing followed by social at Boxcar Bar + Arcade – RSVP today!
- 3/13, 5:30 – 7 p.m. ENGAGE at Kau with Women United & African American Leadership- Save the Date!
- 4/28, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Brunch & Bubbles hosted by Young Leaders – Save the Date!
- 5/21, 5:30 – 7 p.m. Young Leaders Volunteering: Game Night at United Way’s Family Success Center at the Salvation Army Center of Hope – Save the Date!
- 8/22, 5:30 – 7 p.m. ENGAGE at BRAVO! Cucina Italiana with Women United & African American Leadership- Save the Date!
- 10/26 2 – 4:00 p.m. Trunk or Treat hosted by Young Leaders – Save the Date!
Focus & Initiatives
Empowering young professionals to give back
Young Leaders volunteer their time to give back in meaningful ways–reading and tutoring, collecting books for children in need, providing family-friendly activities for families. Young Leaders connect hands on with the work of United Way, experience first hand critical issues our community faces, and make change happen.
Annual Trunk or Treat Event
Led by United Way’s Young Leaders, the annual trunk or treat event gathers volunteers and their vehicles–decorated in spooky-fashion–for a fun-filled, family friendly and safe trunk-or-treating activity. Save-the-Date for Trunk or Treat on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
United Way has been working for those in need in our community for 96 years. During that time, we have built strong relationships with top corporate and community leaders. United Way Young Leaders gain valuable knowledge and insight through networking and professional development opportunities with Greater Greensboro’s business leaders.
Be a Community Impact Leader
Be a community impact leader in a collective force of caring citizens who use their time, resources, and voice to address our community’s most critical issues and work with United Way to help those in need.
Focus your time, energy and passion with United Way to achieve common goals, lead initiatives and drive change to strengthen our community with service to those in need.
Gain access to YL opportunities to make a true, meaningful difference in the lives of those in need.
Be a Hero
Through coordinated volunteer and mentoring opportunities, be a positive role model for children and youth.
Network with community leaders, receive special invitations and early ticket access to events. You’ll also receive a Caring Club Card that gets you special discounts from restaurants and businesses.