Greensboro, NC (March 28, 2019) – United Way of Greater Greensboro, in partnership with The Volunteer Center of Greensboro and local community organizations, is promoting volunteerism this National Volunteer Week, April 8-12, 2019. All are encouraged to roll up their sleeves and get involved.
Visit www.UnitedWayGSO.org/Volunteer to sign up. Opportunities are available for both individuals and groups. Multiple shifts are available.
Volunteer opportunities throughout the week include:
- Hosting book drives for United Way’s Family Success Centers
- Sorting donations at The Salvation Army of Greensboro Family Store & Donation Center
- Making meals & serving residents at The Servant Center
- Organizing donations at the Interactive Resource Center
- Sorting bread at Out of the Garden Project
- Hosting card drives for Senior Resources of Guilford’s Evergreens Lifestyle Center
- Packing food bags and sorting donations at BackPack Beginnings
“Volunteers are at the core of everything United Way does. We are so grateful for their selfless efforts to make our community a better place for everyone. United Way is proud to support National Volunteer Week by connecting people with great local organizations that are doing wonderful things to help others,” said Michael Cottingham, Vice President of Marketing and Communications at United Way of Greater Greensboro.
National Volunteer Week is about inspiring, recognizing and encouraging people to seek out imaginative ways to engage in their communities.