Thanks to the generous support of donors and volunteers, United Way’s commitment to bringing our community together is strong – yesterday, today and always. United Way’s work of ENDing poverty is critical as we pull together to help people impacted by the Coronavirus.
WHAT UNITED WAY IS DOING:
- On March 16, United Way announced the launch of the Virus Relief Fund in partnership with the City of Greensboro.
- On March 26, United Way proudly made a $500,000 gift to the Virus Relief Fund. United Way also announced the creation of the Virus Relief Taskforce. The Taskforce is responsible for reviewing and approving funding applications from local 501(c)(3) nonprofits that are providing services to children, families, seniors, homeless and small businesses impacted by the Coronavirus.
- On April 3, the United Way of Greater Greensboro and City of Greensboro Virus Relief Taskforce awarded $457,356 to 16 local nonprofits to help people impacted by the Coronavirus.
- Moving forward, The Virus Relief Taskforce will continue to review and make weekly approvals.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
- Donate to the Virus Relief Fund by texting the word “Virus” to 40403, or by clicking here to donate online.
- Volunteer to help others in the community. There are in-person and at-home opportunities available organized by The Volunteer Center of the Triad. Click here to learn more.
- We could all use a little positivity! If you or someone you know is making a difference or spreading hope in our community, take a photo and e-mail it with a brief description to Lauren.Forbis@unitedwaygso.org so it can be shared on social media.
RESOURCES AVAILABLE TO YOU:
- United Way’s 2-1-1 hotline provides callers with information and referrals to local resources such as food, financial assistance and other basic needs. Dial 2-1-1 or visit www.nc211.org.
- Text COVIDNC to 898211 to sign up for North Carolina’s COVID-19 updates.